I’ve noticed that Ubuntu 13.04 (and all distors based on it, eg. Linux Mint 15) have some weird audio issue that basically makes impossible to connect to some audio speakers through audio sink (I had problems with mine Creative T12). After googling around and trying all possible solutions I still couldn’t get it working.
Syslog showed various errors, for example:
Unable to select SEP or
Endpoint replied with an error: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownMethod
/etc/bluetooth/audio.conf didn’t helped. After using option
Enable=Socket I could connect to the speakers but I couldn’t select proper audio profile. I tried upgrading to different, most recent versions – still without results.
So in the end I decided to downgrade the damn
bluez along with
I recommend getting .deb packages – get it from here for bluez (I used version 4.96) and from here for pulseaudio (I used version 2.1-0) – and installing them with
dpkg. After downgrade process everything worked like a charm. I have no idea how they could broke something like that is such a major release – hopefully they will fix it in the next one ;–).
I see that this post got some attention, I guess I’m kind-of glad that not only I had the same problem and that I could help at least some of you folks :). krisek in comments section mentioned that it would be wise to lock version using
apt-mark command (so packaged won’t get automatically upgraded or removed). It’s a very good point – and it can be done with command: